Decad of Like Gold
1. They will forget the ego-self
Who on golden Sonagiri have found the mother-like master,
Ramana, the true Brahmin,
Shining forth like lightning!
2. The primeval Brahmin incarnated as Love!
Lord who came down to this unique Hill of Light,
Gracious Master Ramana! Untainted One!
Whisper in my ear the way to liberation!
3. The Pure One, whom the five elements could not contain,
Softly settled down at cloud-crested Virupaksha Cave.
He is the Divine Master Ramana
Whose message is so sweet.
4. Permeating earth, air, fire, water and ether,
And transcending number, limit, and all doubt
is Ramana, my beloved,
My eye, my very life!
5. Gracious God shining forth like a never-setting ever-rising Sun,
The perfect Master, leading to Liberation
Is the Fair One, the Lord Eternal,
Dwelling on Aruna Hill!
PONNAI YOTTA PATTU
1. Ponnai yotta porup-puru sonaiyil
Annai yotta arut-guru vagiya
Minnai yotta Ramana-mei vedi-yan
Tannaik kanda-var tammai marap-pare.
2. Adi vediyan anburu vagi-yor
Joti ma-malai sonaiyil vandava
Nidi odu Ramana niran-jana
Kadi lodu gadi-peru margame.
3. Pancha bhutat tadan-gidap pavanan
Manju runguhai ma-viru pakshiyir
Panju tangu padat-tuda nanni-nan
Senjol inba Ramana meit desikan.
4. Mannu nirum valarn-dezhu teyuvum
Vinnun kalu nuzhaindu vilan-gidum
Ennun sangaium ellai-yum indriya
Kannuk kavi Ramana-nen kadalan.
5. Arunai vazhum azhagan amuda-nen
Karunai vazhun kada-vulan katchi-yan
Taruna jnana sado-daya suriyan
Poruna lan-taru purana boda-kan.
6. Ramana not only sports cheerfully
On the Hill of Light,
Which formerly eluded the vigorous search of Brahma and Vishnu,
But also fills the hearts of all beings!
7. He grants the prayers of anyone
Who, with humility, asks,
“O Ramana Maharshi, grant me thy grace!”
And he showers his grace abundantly.
8. His rhymes overflow with bliss.
Undoubtedly he is a sage enlightening the world!
Lord Ramana who is before us, is the very incarnation of Siva,
With Ganga ever-flowing.
9. Devotees from all over the world seek him,
Call out to him and worship him as “Lord!” “Master!”
They run up to pay homage to this living, liberated, blissful, silent Ramana,
Who is the Supreme Being-Knowledge-Bliss!
10. Long live Ramana, the Great Master!
Long live Aruna, the Great Hill!
Long live the Master’s words and songs!
Long live His earnest devotees!
6. Kan-jan malun kadi-dezhun dodiyum
Minji nindru milirum porup-pidai
Konji nindru kula-vuva dandri-yum
Nenji nullum Ramanan nirain-danan.
7. Varum varum Ramana maha muni
Tarun tarum arulenat tazhn-dida
Arun korum varama-dalip pavan
Karul-urik kasin-didu mari-yan.
8. Tangum inban tadum-bidu pada-lan
Sangai indri jagat-tolir jnani-yan
Gangai tangu kadavul uruvi-nan
Ingu tangum iraivan Ramanane.
9. Eddi-sai yarum anbarum eidiye
Atta-nattan enat-tozhu dettu-var
Muttan ananda mona Ramana-nai
Sattuc chit-tenat tavit tozhu-vare.
10. Vazhi vazhi Ramana maha-guru
Vazhi vazhi Aruna maha-giri
Vazhi Venkatan vaysolum padal-gal
Vazhi uzhidor anbargal vazhiye.